Fever, green phlegm, increased heartbeat, breathlessness. Taken amoxicillin. Do I have pneumonia?

I had a bad cold which went to my chest and now I have had a temperature, coughing up green plem, feel like my heart is beating a bit faster than normal and get very breathless .feeling generally very unwell and weak for 10 days. My GP has gave me penicillin ( Amoxicillin ) 500mg x 3 times a day for 7 days. Nearly completed the course but not much improvement. The doctor said I have a rattle in one side of my chest. He has not told me what is wrong with me. Is this likely to be pneumonia as I am an asthmatic.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012