Fell on left palm, thumb area pain, grip difficulty. How to get relief of the pain?

Hello I recently (2 hours ago) fell on my hand twice. Once was bad on concrete going about 5mph and slipped put all my weight on left palm. Then 5 minutes later fell again this time not so hard but again on the left hand. I feel some sort of internal bruising if I touch some areas by the thumb palm area. When i grip somethings a certain way like say door knob or dumbell it hurts like you know what. Almost like a pinching bruising pain especially when I bend my thumb back as if I were stretching it. My question is what can I put on it externally to soothe the pain and how long does something like this last. My job requires me to drive a lot an so far its been a pain. Thanks for all the help doc! -Anthony
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012