Fell on back. Strained muscle next to spine. Pains while moving arms, breathing. Treatment?

Hi, I am 40 and 3 weeks ago I fell on my back. I was badly hurt and went to the hospital to get an X-ray . It came back with no broken ribs or bones but felt that I suffered a muscle strain. I had one area about the size of my fist just to the left of mine spine that was immediately hurt. Now the pain is staggering. I can barely lift anything or move my arms. I have intense pain when I inhale or exhale. It feels almost muscular but does not repond much to motrin or massage. I have a drs appointment on Tuesday but not sure if that is soon enough. Any idea what this could be. I am not over weight and have no prior conditions. Aside from this I have been extremely healthy.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012