Feeling a knot in the back between shoulder blades and spine. Lump on the spot after being hit. Stinging feeling with pain. What to do?

I have a knot in the middle of my back between shoulder blades on the spine . my daughter found it about 1 yr ago. I was told it was just a cyst and if it wasn t bothering me not to worry about it. several days ago i back into the door and bumped it and it has been hurting since. it has a burning stinging feeling a little tender i can tell it is irratiated . it is soft to touch. what should I do
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012