Fallopian tube removal post ectopic pregnancy, have spotting now, history of dysmenorrhea. Could this be normal period?

i had my left fallopian tube removed 5 weeks and 4 days ago related to an ectopic pregnancy . i am beginning to spot which i hope is my menstrual cycle starting. should i expect this to be a normal period or will it be more painful. i had dysmenorrhea prior to being on birth control and have been off the pill for about 5 months. i plan to take the pill again after this cycle and until the end of the year so my body can fully heal and then try to conceive again after the new year
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012