Fall on the upper shin, have persistent large on bump on the spot after weeks, pains on pressing. Treatment required?

I recently fell on my upper shin about 2 inches below the knee cap by slipping and falling on the edge of a bench with all my weight on it. I instantly received a bump on it about the size of me knee cap. 2 weeks later, i still have a fairly large bump on my leg in the spot that i received the injury that feels hard as bone to the touch. The only time i feel pain from it is when i press it against anything or knell. Sooo my question is what is it and is it a health risk, should i go see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012