Extreme pain while breathing, difficulty in lifting arms post treatment for chest wall contusion. Cause and remedy?

I had a bicycle accident. I fell on top of my handle bar hitting my sternum. I was immediately in pain and out of breath. I thought it would go away but it didn t.I went to the hospital the next day. I couldn t lift my arms,breathe, laugh, cry, cough , sleep, etc. My blood pressure was escalated they only took a front view of my sternum. Gave me a breathing treatment, and a prescription for albuteral inhaler . I left in more pain than when I arrived. I was very dissapointed. I felt If I would have had insurance they would have at least done a side view x-ray . It has been a month. I still can not do much of anything without feeling pain all over again. Is there anything other than time to help heal ? And do you suggest I Find another docter who will make sure Everything is ok. I feel that the way I feel amonth later is not normal. I was also sent away without any pain meds etc. The pain was unberrible at times. Do you think I am healing properly? My diagnosis was chest wall contusion. Thankyou sincerely for your attention to my injury. K Knight
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012