What causes severe cough formation in lungs after taking milk or sour food?
User rating for this question
My mother age 58 years has an issue related to cough. There is a lot of cough formation in the lungs and it mostly happens in the night. Her chord from Nose to lung is fully blocked with cough. When she takes milk or any sour drink/food it increases. I would like to know the root cause of this problem.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Cough with expectoration. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. I would come up with these possibilities for this type of cough ,these includes. 1 Bronchiectasis ,diagnosis can be confirmed by X ray chest .As large amount of cough usually present in lungs and aggravated by liquid diet . 2 Asthmatic allergic bronchitis , the typical feature of asthmatic allergic bronchitis is it aggravate in the night .Usually patient feels more cough when she lie down.Diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination as well clinical history . 3 Lung abscess ,diagnosis can be confirmed by X ray chest .Typically large amount of expectoration with foul smell is a characteristic feature of lung abscess. 4 Tuberculosis ,diagnosis can be confirmed by Xray and sputum examination as well blood examination. In my opinion consult a physician and get his consultation because physical examination is very important in this case. If possible upload Xray report , blood examination report , sputum report for evaluation of diagnosis . Hope this information will be helpful for you . Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck for your mother. Dr.HET.
People also viewed
- Dryness of the tongue
- Does lung cancer cause coughing
- Itching feeling in lungs causing cough
- Gall stones during pregnancy
- Foods rich in vitamin b12 for vegetarians
- Rectal pressure during pregnancy
- Fever during early pregnancy
- Fluid and electrolyte management
- What causes cough inflated lungs and prominent bronchial calcification
- Foods to help you wake up
- What causes tickling in lungs when breathing that causes coughing
- Foods to increase the testicular secretion of testosterone
- Foods low in antioxidants
- What causes severe coughing at noght
- Headaches during menstrual periods