Extreme flatulence or pressure on the rectum causing tremendous pain in the lower intestine resulting in painful sex. No bleeding or blood in stools. What could this be?

This has been ongoing for a few years now. Seems to happen after being extremely gassy or when I have put pressure on my rectum for a sustained period of time. I get pain that feels like something in my lower intestine or anal area is blocking gas and when they meet, I have pain so bad that I could scream . It s a sharp and quick pain. After this happens, I am tender in the anal area. Sexual intercourse is also painful. My husband has to go slow and watch the angle of our lovemaking, as anything surrounding my anal organs makes me feel pain and pressure. When he normally thrusts, I feel a sharp pain like he is hitting something. I voiced this to my family doctor years ago and he did a quick examination for a hemorrhoid and didn t find anything. I have no bleeding or blood in my stools . Once this problem arises, it lasts for a week or so. While the problem is going on though, I can t even have normal sexual relations with my husband without pressure and pain. Any suggestions as to what this could be ?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012