Experiencing pain, swelling, redness, tenderness at the tip of nose. Sore inside nose. Cause?

Hi, I am female, 59 yrs old and I am experiencing pain, swelling , redness, tenderness at the tip of my nose . This happened about a week ago and went away, left me with a sore just inside my left nostril that kept weeping. I applied a triple antibiotic ointment and it went away, but now I am experiencing another onslaught of soreness of nose. What is causing this? Also, my left side of my nose is more often plugged than not. I do experience allergies and live in Las Vegas where there are many airborne allergens, but the sore, red nose is still a mystery.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013