Experiencing abdominal cramping, backpain. Not bladder or UTI. What could it be?

I am 34 years old and have been experiencing what I believe to be PMS cramping in my lower abdomin the past couple of days. This afternoon, all of a sudden, I got a sharp pain in my lower back and it has been hurting all day. It is a constant pain and does not go away and is not just on one side but spans across the entire lower back. the abdominal pains are still there too. I have never had any back pain with PMS previously so I am a bit worried it could be something different. I have no other symptoms that would make me believe it was bladder or UTI , I have had no burning while urinating and no fever or vomitting. Any ideas as to whether it could just be PMS and if so, why would all of a sudden at the age of 34 would I experience this pain?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013