Experience vasovagal attacks on the first day of periods, slurred speech. What is the cause ?

Hello. I experienced vasovagal attacks for years on the first day of my menstrual cycle. Each time I would have severe cramping with flooding and become extremely nauseous, begin uncontrollably vomiting then become exhausted and dizzy. I slur my speech a bit (people sometimes thought I must be drunk) then I would pass out cold for hours. Once I woke up I d feel fabulous with tons of energy. The attacks seemed to stop once I graduated from University and took a desk job. Is there any long term damage that may have been caused by these attacks?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013