Excruciating pain in face, ear, teeth, sinuses. Why loss of sleep?

I am experiencing waves of excruciating pain on the right side of my face. The right ear, both upper and lower teeth on the right side, and the sinuses. I can feel the pressure build and this lasts for about 5 or so minutes and then it s like there is some sort of release of the pressure and the pain abates. Then it starts all over again within an hour or less. I was unable to sleep due to this excruciating pain. I have had this before, (a few times within the last year) and it would last for a few days and then go away. Do you have any idea what is is?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012