Excessive bleeding, light red, shed a line from there. What is it?

Hi, I am mid way through my period and I ve experienced excessive bleeding for the past 45minutes. The bleeding is light red but continuous. After removing my last tampon it looked like the lining had shed as it was attached. My concern is that the flow isn t slowing down. I am now wearing a tampon and pad and its still coming. Normal? Should I be concerned? I ve never experienced so much blood before. No other symptoms and no abdominal pain . Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013