Eardrum rupture due to infection, leaking fluid, hearing loss. Taking antibiotics. Cure?

Hey there, my eardrum ruptured 3 weeks ago ( due to a nasty ear infection ) but is still leaking fluid and over the last few days fluid has started to smell. I also still have hearing loss . I was given strong antibiotics for the infection by the doctor but didn t finish the course as I lost them and was then unable to get replacement over Christmas. Should I return to the Doctor or is this longterm fluid leakage just part of the healing process? Thanks in advance for your time
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013