Drinks milk on menstrual period. What is the cause of painful menstrual periods? Is there any solution?

hello doctor, My girlfriend drinks milk whenever she has her menstrual period. And this enable her menstual blood to cease. She has been having painful menstrual moments following my advice that she shouldnt drink milk to end up her menstruation . she said she chosed to cease the menstrual cycle because, she feel bad with the blood. please what is the cause of her painful menstrual periods? is there any solution?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013