Dog recovering from splenectomy. Is not eating and is depressed. How long should I expect such a change?

Good morning, my 12 year old male golden is recovering from a splenectomy that was performed on tuesday. Doing ok, however very depressed (not him at all) eating very little (has never missed a meal). Giving him boiled chicken, some peas, and water. Eats just a little, then is not interested. How long should I expect such a change in his personality. Of course surgery can bring on some depression , this is so not him. Thank you Suzi
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012