Does sleeping with a heating pad on your lower back cause blood clots ?

does sleeping with a heating pad on your lower back cause blood clots ?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Sleeping with heated pad on the back increases blood flow are may not have any relation to formation of clots. But immobility due to back pain can predispose to clot formation in the legs.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Sleeping with a heating pad on tied to your back is most likely to cause a burning sensation of the skin, redness or even rashes on the overlying skin. It is not likely to produce any blood clots unless you are suffering from any any such related problem.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drtayalrakhi@gmail.com