Do I have adhd ?

hi, im ashton i am 18 years old and i have a major issue in my life i think i could have add/adhd and i need a second oppinion before i go to a doctor, i live in a ignorant enviornment that thinks willpower is the only treatment you need for add/adhd, anxiety, depression ect... let me start by saying i had horrible grades in school but in standardized testing i was well above the mastery mark and top 10 in my school on my SAT.

my symptoms are...

i can not sleep my mind wonders all night long leading to little to know sleep

i am easily distracted at work, on the road, at home pretty much everywere that bores me somewhat

i cant hold a job no matter how well paying except for the one i have now bc i work with all my friends and we're never in the same place

i have headaches religiously due to my mind wondering all day long

i spend money on the most pointless things and dont realize i have bills to pay untill im bored with the item i bought

i cant have a girlfriend for more then 2 weeks bc i lose track of time and make way to many plans to follow through with

these are just a few i tried natural things i looked up online i bought a new bed i changed my diet stopped caffeene completely started exercising and nothing worked. my dad is adhd as well as my uncle and he gave me a weeks worth or his meds he is on vyvanse 75mg i am aware of the illegalities and am not a drug or alcohol abuser in any way shape of form i was just desprate and this medication helped me out so much, i never got side tract i was awake and alert all day and had absolutly no problem falling asleep my selfonciousness dissappeared and was more outgoing and i never felt like i NEEDED a ciggarette that entire week so please can you tell me what you think thank you

Asked On : Thu, 11 Feb 2010