Discolored vaginal discharge after childbirth. Is this normal? Have back pain

hi, i had my little girl 8 weeks ago and only had post partum bleeding for 12 days and 5 days of yellowish discharge . i then had a period at 5 weeks and 3 days post partum that was relatively heavy that lasted 12/13 days and it stopped a week ago. today i now have red mucusy discharge/bleeding and was wondering if this is normal or not?? i have had fairly bad backache since having baby - due to her being back to back all the way through labour and 5 failed attempts of epidural (kept hitting blood vessels in spine ). the bleeding today is like eggwhites but red (blood) rather than clear. should i see my gp?? thanks for your time
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012