Diagnosed with mild COPD, bad cold, severe back pain, chest phlegm, pain and breathlessness with palpitations. Why?

I have been diagnosed with a mild copd , but I am thinking my problem is not solely due to this ailment. I have had a bad cold ,I am getting severe back and chest pains and phlegm on the chest. My GP prescribed doxyclycline which has released some phlegm. My problem is I have been ok upto this cold and now I only have to start to do something I am soon out of breath and get these pains. For some time I suffered with palpitations until my medicine was changed but I dont feel that what I am suffering is soley due to COPD. I used to walk a lot until just one day I experienced breathing difficulties no warning before this.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013