Diagnosed UTI. History of virtigo. Prescribed Triprim. Discontinue medication if free of any symptoms?

Hi last Sunday I experienced a traumatic episode of Virtigo and was admitted to hospital for several hours. I had several blood tests and a urine test.....results of the latter only received yesterday. For the past week have been using stemetil; however my GP called to say I had a urinary tract infection and prescribed TRIPRIM 300mg to be taken for five nights.

My query is.....I have not experienced any problems with itches, rashes or stinging when urinating and my chemist suggested I not take TRIPRIM if symptoms have ceased. My Vertigo which usually commences when I lay down has (of this morning) ceased and I have done a pretty good days manual work today and am feeling fine. To say I am confused is an understatement....would appreciate your comments.

Margo Collins (71 y.o female) usually in excellent health and do not take any form of medication.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013