Delayed periods, pink spotting. Mild cramps. Not pregnant. What else could be this?

I m 23 years of age. I was two days late, period came spotting pink blood when I wipe. used a tampon and three hours later took it out and very very light. so went to bed with a liner, woke up nothing on it. When I wipe brown on the tissue . Later that day period came, pretty heavy with mild cramps only on my lower left side. What s going on with my body? Usually when period comes, the cramps are unbearable. I took a preg test and it came out negative, so I dont know what s going on with me
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013