Delay in periods with heavy bleeding, trying to conceive. Was it a miscarriage?

My periods are usually 28 - 32 days apart and have been for over a year, but the last one was 39 days. I took a test and it came up negative. When my period did come it was very heavy and lasted 7 days and not the typical four days. My boyfriend don t use any kind of birth control and we are trying to have another baby. But now I don t know when my ovulation should be, since I use the calender. Would the one late one have changed my entire cycle?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013