D&C suggested due to thickened endometrium. Heavy bleeding. Concerned about uterine cancer

Hello Dr, My Mother got an menstural after 29 years. after my delivery she havent get periods. May be due to her health issue. I mean weakness. last 3 months she got spot spot bleeding and now she got thickest ball like that. So we went for an scan and the result is below.

Bulky Uters with thickened endometrium. Enodmetrial thickness measure 25mm. Doctors advised take one D& C after biopsy only we will know the result. Is this any serious.... like uterine cancer.... other reports are normal.... She doesnt have any diabetes issue... pls advise
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013