Crying spells due to depression. Sore stinging eyes. Mucus in the eye. Could it be due to crying?

I am suffering from depression and as a result I cry excessively every day. My eyes have been deteriorating over the last two years and recover very slowly between bouts of sleeplessness and crying. They are very gritty, sore and they sting. My vision is greatly affected although I do find it improves when I get more than four hours sleep although this is rare. There is a continuous level of white mucous in the lower eyelids and a blurry film over the eye itself although I can clear this away. (I try not to do this too much.). Is the crying or sleeplessness causing these symptoms or could it be something else?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012