Cramping and bleeding after stopping contraceptive pill. Pregnant?

Hi, I have been off the contraceptive pill for a little over 2 months now. My periods have always been incredibly heavy (before I started the pill about 10 years ago) and were even heavy when on the pill. They always lasted at least 7 days and caused lots of pain. However, since stopping the pill, I had my breakthrough bleeding week on time, then no period for nearly the whole two months. This week, I had slight cramping on Wednesday, and got my period by that lunchtime. It became a reasonable flow, though not heavy as usual. The next day it had slowed right down and by Friday was pretty much non-existent. Since then nothing. This is very unusual for me, but I was wondering if it is simply due to not being on the pill anymore or if there is a chance I could be pregnant? I took a HPT today and it was negative, but is it too early? I m not sure when to test, due to my cycle which I assume is still irregular.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012