Coughing blood. CT scan showed hiatal hernia, esophagus thickening, noncalcified pulmonary nodule. Explanation?

Monday I coughed up a signifigant amount of blood. I went to Prompt Care and they did bloodwork and a chest XRay. They seemed to think I had some type of fungus in my lungs. The Dr sent me to get a CT with contrast the next day. Tuesday coughed up more blood but not as much as before. I got the preliminary report back from the CT and went to see my primary care doctor. I am waiting now to get scheduled for and endoscopy. He did not explain any of the findings with me. These are the things they found. A small hiatal hernia, Eccentric thickening of the esophagus posteriorly and right laterally with area of prominent esophageal narrowing.Underlying esophageal mass may be present and if clinically indicated endoscopy is recommended. A 5mm noncalcified pulmonary nodule left upper lung anteriorly. This will require follow up based on patients risk factors. There are areas of fibrosis seen within the right and mid upper lung fields centrally.Patchy focus of infiltrate left lower lobe posteriorly. There are scattered paratracheal lymph nodes measuring up to 1.3 . There is a 3mm low density lesion right lobe of the thyroid. If clinically indicated sonogram recommended. I have GERD.. I had my gallbladder removed in 2006. I had asthma as a child so Im thinking that would account for the lung scarring. Ive had a problem with clearing my throat several times a day which can be annoying. Ive been doing this for at least 40 years. Feels like phlegm is constantly. I have a prominent pectus excavatum deformity, 69 years old. Take only Zoloft,vitamin D3 and calcium and have always been a nonsmoker, and in good health.. Im hoping for the best possible outcome but not having any of this explained and no endoscopy scheduled yet has got my mind thinking the worst. Im thinking I should schedule a pulmonary specialist apt also but my Dr made no mention of this. I appreciate any feedback you can give me. Respectfullly Anna b Hansen
Asked On : Tue, 9 Jul 2013