Continuous heart burn even after delivery, no relief with zantac, get cough during heart burn, ultrasound done. What could it be?

hi yes iv had constant heart burn while i was pregnant and 18 months still after having my daughter, this last month and half its gotten way worse zantac doesnt help barely and i am constantly taking tums for relief. if i dont eat i have heart burn if i do eat i still have it right down to fruit a health steak potatoes and vegie meal i have heart burn. at nights is bad as well. i have went to doctor she said she felt a ball like lump below my chest above my stomach. i went for a ultra sound but not sure what else they would be ruling it out to be. but havent figured it out yet and its really affecting what i do everyday. also i have a contant cough especially when the heart burn gets bad so does my cough. do u have any maybe answer or incling of what it may be? iv heard maybe hiatus hernia but didnt think u could feel the lump if it was.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012