Continuos leg pain from hips to the calf, strange sensation in arm, advised MRI of lower back. What could it be?

Hi i am a 45 year old women and I have a pain in my left leg that extends from the outside of my hip into my calf . Despite seeing a physio it has been gradually getting worse over the last 6 to 8 months to the point that I am now limping. I am also getting a strange sensation now in my left arm as well but this has only been happening in the last couple of weeks. The physio I was seeing has now sent m for an MRI scan on my lower back and I am currently waiting for the results. Can you help
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012