Alternative and Methods for Quitting
Scheduled reduction: One study showed that people who used a systematic withdrawal schedule were twice as likely to quit as those who went cold
turkey. The procedure involves the following steps:
* Divide the number of minutes per day awake by the number of daily cigarettes; the result is the minute-long wait between smokes.
* Set up a schedule with time intervals based on this result and using a timer, smoke only at those intervals; if the "cigarette appointment" is missed by more than five minutes, the smoker must skip that cigarette.
* The following week, one-third fewer cigarettes are used and the smoking
time is recalculated based on the lower number.
* During the third week the count is again reduced by a third, and the smoker quits in the fourth week.
Change daily habits:
* Change the daily schedule as much as possible. Eat at different times or eat many small meals instead of three large ones, sit in a different chair, rearrange