Chronic heart failure, high blood pressure. Pain in the left arm and neck. Recovery chances?

Hello Dr. My mother-in-law is 87 years old, has had chronic heart failure for at least 10 years, has had high blood pressure for over 35 years. Now she is havaing "episodes", we think it might be angina. She is with hospice, in my state they come into your home a couple of days each week. Her episodes include pain which she says is in the heart area and sometimes is in her left arm, or her neck. She has NO pain tolerance at all anymore. We thought she was going to pass away soon, as that's what the hospice nurse said, but she seems to go on and go on. I don't like to see her in pain, which she is. What is the life expectancy of this type of patient? She has ben having anywhere from 2 to 6 episodes in a 26 hour period. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013