Children complaining of rib pain on inhaling and walking. Likelihood of both have same pain and not being contagious?

I have two children (10yrs and 8yrs) who are presenting with rib pain. They both have said it hurts when they inhale especially when walking.( described as somone punching them from the inside.). My 8yr old has been to the dr as he presented first and was told it was either a pulled muscle between the ribs or Costocondritis. What is the likelihood that i have two children presenting with the same pain when it isn t contagious. Up until this morning neither had had a cold or been sick, actually they are very healthy!
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012