Child undergone surgery for bowel obstruction. Stools now yellow with mucus. Possible reason?

ok, hi i have a long story to tell but i will try to make it short, i have a 3 months baby, she was preterm at 36 weeks, because my doctor notice a bowel obstruction on her when she was in the womb, she went in surgery and i was told that when they open her, they saw that half of her small bowel wasn t even there, they cut about 5 cm, and she was left with 60cm of her small bowel.everything seems to be ok till now, she is on neocate milk, she is gaining weight( she doubled her waight from 2.5kg to5.5kg) , the problem for me are her stools , she has 4 to 5 per day, but first 2 look normal( for me) but the last are very yellow and they look like is just mucus in them, now my question is why its like this ?, can be her short bowel the cause? she has a cold also , and her nose is allways runny, thanx
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012