Child suffering from fever and cold. Giving Gupisone tab dispersed vomits. Alternate way to give medicine?

Dear Doctor, My son aged 3yr and 6 months old was prescribed for Gupisone 5mg tablet 3 times a day for 2 days after he was discharged from hospital.He was suffering from fever and cough . Now he is unable to swallow the tablet and vomits while it is dispersed and given. Could you please advise Is there any alternative way of giving this medicine ? If I stop it ,is there any negative effect or negative medical consequence arisen ? We stay in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012