Child on Concerta for mild ADHD, seems to have reduced sleep, feels tired everytime. Remedy?

My son is 14 years old. He has mild ADHD and takes Concerta 54mg. He takes it early in the morn, 6.30pm. He then does 7ks on the rowing erg at school at 7.30pm followed by about 1 hr rowing on the river in the afternoon.This is every day. At the weekends he will do 10k erg either on a Saturday or Sunday.He has one day off of rowing. He does not sleep well. He only gets off to sleep about 11.30pm and then has to wake up again at 6pm. We have tried all sorts of things to get him to sleep, eg: melatonin , cherry juice & Clonidine . He is always tired. What to do?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013