Child hit head. Raised bump with fluid filled. What are the symptoms denoting?

Grandaughter 7 mos old fell off bed and hit her head about a month ago. She cried, we watched her for 24 hours and she seemed fine. It has been about a month and she still has a small spot, it didnt raise into a bump, but feels soft like small amount of fluid. Could she have had a skull fracture . Didn t even cross my mind when it happened. I am assuming since it has been a little over a month that it wasn t serious and even if we had taken her to hospital, with no neurological symptoms, we would have been told to just watch her.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012