Child having viral infection, rashes on cheeks, spreading to arms, swollen neck glands, poor apetite, temperature. Suggestions?

hi. my 10yr old boy started with a headache last friday. On sat evening he became light headed,dizzy and head still hurt. Sun he felt really unwell with really bad headache especially when he stood up. at this stage he also had temperature of 103 cell. He also had diorea and vomiting .Monday i bought him to doc who said he had viral infection and just to make sure he got plenty fluids. This morning he had rash on cheeks of face and also swollen neck glands. rash seems to fade at times but comes back as bad. It has now spread to his lower arms and is still having temp but only once every 12hrs aprox. Appetite since all this started has been verry poor to pathetic. I would be very grateful if you could advise or help me to help him.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013