Child having severe constipation with hard, gray stools, doesn't eat fruits or veggies. Should we be concerned about the color?

My 2-yr-old granddaughter always has constipation and cries when she poops because it hurts. This morning I was with her and I had to pull a chunk out of her bottom with toilet paper because it wouldn t come all the way out. It was the consistency of packed together clay pellets and was gray in color. She is a very picky eater and we have a big problem getting her to eat fruit and vegetables. She mostly eats bread, cereal, cheese and milk. Sometimes it is three or four days between movements. Any suggestions? Should we be concerned about the color?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012