Child has white patches on lower lip. No discomfort. Recovering from cold. Need for doctor?

I picked my 3 and a half month old up at daycare yesterday and he has some small what patches on his lower lip . They didn t seem to bother him. The next morning the patches had vanished. They reappeared at daycare today. He recently was and still is a bit getting over a cold he had. Is this something i should be taking him into the doctor to look at?? OR what could I do to prevent these white patches to appear?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012