Child has white bumps on left torso. Taking claritin OTC for congestion. How to cure?

My five year old grandson has white bumps on his left torso. They don't itch. They have been there for two months. My niece said her son had the same thing and it went through the children in the neighborhood. It took several months to get rid of it, but there wasn't a medicine to use. Does this sound at all familiar? It doesn't seem to impact adults.
He is taking an allergy med for congestion. I believe it's claritin OTC. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013