Child has red bumps on mouth, blisters on lips. Taken antibiotics for sinus infection. Any suggestions?

Hi my son had flu like symptoms starting last wednesday and lasting to this sunday. On Sunday he began to have a few small red bumps around his mouth and blisters on his lips . By Tuesday the rash had gotten alot worse around his mouth and started to spread he has a few on his neck and around his cheek bone. Today the rash has spread a little on his chest and a few on his ears. i took him to the Dr yesturday and he was unsure what it was, but said it he has alittle sinus infection and gave him an antibiotic and said hopefully that would help clear the rash up also. Do you have any suggestions as to what it may be. I wanted to add he is feeling great and back to hos normal behavior
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013