Child has infected ears after piercing. Okay to use Mupirocin?

Hello... I have a full ointment of mupirocin 2% 22 gram. My 7 month old baby recently had Gotton her ears pierce. She wasnt doing so well with the piercing and I removed them. She now has the back part of her ear infected. The symptoms involve her skin behind the ear but on the ear lobe. It is getting eating away, Almost like when she had impetigo on her arm and knee . Is it okay to treat it with the mupirocin 3 times a day as I did with the impetigo?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012