Child has high ESR, negative for TB. Could this be due to long duration of infection?

My 4 yrs son got stomach infection after that cuff & cold and some infection in his penis. During this period he lost his weight about 2~3 kg in a month. So along with the treatment doctor tested blood sugar , hemoblobin and ESR . Blood sugar is nomal, hemoglobion in 11.5 but ESR is 102. As per doctor s advice we have also tested for tuberculosis which is also negative. I am worried, pls advice is this also could be because of long period of infection (about one month). What we should do next.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012