Child frequently urinating. Negative for diabetes. Passing mucus, no pain. Cause?

I have a 5 year old son who has been going to the toilet on a regular basis since February. We initially put this down to him having a habit . However, it hasn t subsided so in July we had him tested for diabetes which came back negative. We had a phone call from his school last week to say he was going to the toilet every 20 minutes. I then proceeded to take him to the doctors who has agreed to do tests if it continues till Christmas. My son last night felt he had passed stools before going to the toilet and when I inspected his underwear, there was a significant amount of mucus , no stool. He sometimes says it feels like he needs a wee but nothing happens. He s well in himself, no pain and is eating ok. Please could you advise what may be causing this. Many thanks, a concerned father.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012