i can understand the pain you are going through.
at this moment when a culture is awaited, it would be best to wait for the culture results as it will come in another 48 hours or so.
is a good drug to act on a wide range ofbacteria an it also takes of diarrhoea
if its of infective origin needing treatment.
but i would like you to talk to your treating doctor for the reason he is not excising the wound its there is pus inside it, as its should help early recovery.
meanwhile for diarrhoea, you should continue giving him ORS
along with continued feeding, so that he does not get dehydrated. any danger signs like excessive lethargy
or irritability, sunken eyes, intractable vomiting
, not passing urine for a long period should alarm you for early consultation.
hope my answer would be of some help to you
thank you for your query