Child diagnosed perianal abcess. Prescribed bactrim. Having diarrhea. Next step for treatment?

My son (6 months) has had a perianal abcess for almost a month. He was diagnosed after 5 days of it not clearing, a culture was done and while we waited for results he was given the topical cymicin (?) which did nothing after 7 days. Got the culture back and it seemed it was not a staph infection, but a cut that was infected by stool . We returned to doc and were given amoxacyllin, which he was on for 12 days. After the first week it seemed to improve, but then got very bad again. We went back yesterday, and the doctor chose not to incise it, and put him on a does of bactrim . The wound is large for his small bottom (1/4 ). THey also took another culture. What should my next step be? I am very concerned for my baby s health. He has had diarrhea for the past 24 hours now.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012