Pancreatitis after thyroid cancer, on medicines for staff infection, have draining and nasal tubes. Chances of recovery?

My husband has Pancreatitis which he developed straight after an operation for Thyroid Cancer 8 weeks ago. He has had numerouse complications and has been on such a journey of pain etc. He has had the Staff bug and is cleared a week or so ago. The hospital doctor now tells me he has got the Staff bug again and also ecoli. I am so worried about him. They haven t put him on drip for antibiotics . At present he is getting pills for Staff infection. He also has draining tubes in to drain infected necrosis and a nasal feed tube as he is not eating, protien low (13). Can you please explain what his chances of recovery are, and also explain about the bugs? Many thanks. Sheila
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  8 Awaiting Answer