Child. Swollen, painful lymph nodes on neck and armpits. Red, swollen throat with white patches. Vomiting and diarrhea. History of febrile seizures. Diagnosed viral attacks. Advice

Hi! I have a 5 year old son who is generally healthy. He has a history of two febrile seizures. In the last six weeks he has been sick twice with 104 temp. The first episode lasted 7 days. This second episode lasted 9 days. His lymph nodes on his neck are extremely swollen and he complains of pain in his arm pits. His throat is red and swollen with white patches. When his fever spikes his extremities become mottled and his nail beds turn blue. When this happened at the dr. Office his oxygen level was 93%. He sleeps most of the day and has complained of a h/a off and on. In both instances the dr tested and was able to rule out strep, mono, flu, pnemonia, and leukemia. The dr deemed that both illness were due to a virus. We just got overe the second virus and today is his first day without a temp and he is now presenting with gi symptoms. He has thrown up and has diariah. Is this related to the virus? I am not 100% convinced that these are viruses that we are dealing with. Thank you!, ~angi
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013