Chest congestion, irregular heart rate, numbness in limbs, clot in throat. Prescribed Duet. What is wrong?

Hi, my doctor had prescribed Duet 625 twice a day for 5 days for clearing up my chest congestion. But right from the start I have shown adverse side effects to the medicine. These include heart rate becoming irregular (on the higher side), limbs becoming numb, general disorientation, some sort of clot in my throat etc. These symptoms subside only after a very long time. I discontinued the use of the medication and informed my doctor regarding the same but he insists that I continue with it and complete the course. Frankly, this medicine nothing but scares me. Would request you to suggest whether discontinuing its usage is a good idea?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013