Can you conceive with high prolactin level ?

hi i have high prolactin level.can i get pregnant after marriage with high prolactin level?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
welcome to health care magic
In your query you have told that you are suffering from high prolactin(hyper prolactinemia)..
High prolactin levels causes anovulatory cycles and irreguarilities in becoming pregnant after marriage is troublesome..
Prolactin levels increased in conditions like pituitary adenomas secreting prolactin,,or due to usage of some anti psychotic drugs..First you need to confirm the cause and the treatment lies according to the cause..

Normally prolactin levels are elevated during breast feedind of baby after pregnancy..

Consult gynecologist and she will tell the way to reduce the levels..
Hope you understand my suggestion.
Thank you

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.You need to take treatment for this and when in control yes you can become pregnant.Visit a gynecologist and get treated.With high level of prolactin pregnancy is not take care.